Who doesn’t love a good day of relaxing and doing nothing? But sometimes life gets in the way, leaving us with no time to relax.
Can you iron on such a horrible day? No, definitely not.
Therefore, I’m providing 23 alternatives to ironing your favorite garments. Take a look at the following. Some may seem obvious to you. Don’t mind! Just read the article.
Table of Contents
Alternatives To Ironing
1. Utilize Clothes Steamer
Garment steamers are known for their powerful steam boost. It utilizes its steam shot to remove wrinkles easily. Even it works with synthetic fabrics, like polyester and spandex.
This steamer can save a lot of time. You don’t need to use an ironing board. Instead, hang your garments on hangers and start spraying. All creases will vanish within minutes.
2. Use Steam Iron Press
Suppose you are a busy man and don’t have time to iron clothes. Then, grab a steam press iron and reduce the ironing time by a great margin. However, it’s a little bit costly. But, its performance on all fabrics is outstanding.
It has a wider surface and can offer you more features than the traditional irons. Moreover, its water tank is large. So, it can save you from a lot of hassle.
3. Use a SWASH Washing Machine
If budget isn’t a big deal for you, you can use a professional ironing system. With this powerful system, you can get professional ironing services at your home.
If you have a larger family, SWASH can be a profitable investment. Moreover, it can efficiently polish clothes. So, no more wrinkles!
4. Use a Flat Iron
You may love your flat iron more as it can polish your curly hair. But, do you know that it can process clothes too?
I have processed my shirts with my wife’s flat iron many times. I have to confess that it works better. Next morning, if I don’t find my iron nearby, I’ll definitely use that again.
5. Use a Hairdryer
Here’s another beauty item. First of all, place your garments on a flat surface. You may use your bed or table. Now, run the hairdryer towards that cloth and see the magic.
For better results, you may dampen the cloth a bit.
6. Wrinkle Release Spray
Wrinkle-release spray isn’t that expensive. Moreover, you can create one at your home. It’s too simple.
Just prepare a mixture of distilled water, rubbing alcohol, and fabric softener. Put that solution in a bottle and install a spray machine at the top.
Now, apply it to clothes, and hang it to dry. If this process seems difficult to you, check the internet or blogs for more help.
7. Hang Clothes in the Wet Bathroom
Hanging clothes in the wet bathroom can be handy. However, it may sound weird to you. Place the hanger with the garment close to the steam. When you bathe, penetrate the fabric with steam. Be careful. Don’t dump the whole material.
After a few minutes, you can apply your hands-on garments to quicken the process. Then, if needed, you can air dry it.
8. Use the Steam Cycle of the Dryer
Run the steam cycle of the dryer and throw your clothes in it. As soon as the cycle ends, remove the clothes and see the result. The finishing may not be that great. But, it can present you with a wrinkle-free fabric.
However, if you want to steam polyester fabric, check the temperature carefully. Polyester may be damaged at high temperatures.
9. Use an Electric Kettle
Your kitchen may save you from a lot of trouble. Do you have an electric kettle? Ok, utilize the steam of the kettle and remove tough spots and dirt from clothes.
It works comparatively faster than hanging clothes in a wet bathroom.
10. Take Nearby Laundry Service
Most of the big cities in the United States offer laundry services for citizens. Their service is above average, and it costs little. So, try to use that service.
No more worry about ironing clothes. Just wait at your home and play with your kids.
11. Flatten Garments Under the Mattress
If you have a flat mattress under your bed, apply this method.
- First, lay your garments flat under the mattress.
- Apply a wrinkle-release spray or spray bottle to soften the fabric.
- Smooth dress with your hands as much as possible.
- Now, lay the mattress down over the garments.
- Sleep on it and pick up clothes the next morning.
12. Wash and Air-Drying Clothes
You may have a washing machine at your home. You can use it to de-wrinkle dresses.
- Use a gentle cycle for your clothes.
- To bring smoothness, use liquid softener and mild detergent. Most of the detergents in the market use harsh chemicals. Try to avoid them.
- As the cycle ends, take the clothes out.
- Air drying them to drip out the remaining water.
13. Use Household Items
Heavy household items may help to polish your garments. First, select a heavy box. Next, cover the clothes with a wet towel.
Now, place the container on it. Leave it overnight and watch the outcome.
14. Store Clothes Perfectly
After washing clothes, spend some time storing them perfectly. If not, all of your work may go in vain. Don’t put your clothes haphazardly in the closet. Always use a hanger to store them perfectly in the wardrobe.
If you don’t have enough space, buy another cupboard to keep your clothes fresh.
15. Utilize a Damp Towel
During ironing, you may use a pressing cloth to remove wrinkles. Isn’t it? Moisture always helps to keep the wrinkles away from your garments.
You can use the same technique here. Use a damp towel to process clothes. After damping, air dry those if needed.
16. Hand Dryer at Toilet
A hand dryer in your restroom can remove creases from clothes. This appliance uses hot air as a clothes dryer. So, use them when you need them.
However, please don’t use it for too long a period for polyester or spandex fabrics.
17. Choose The Fabric Carefully
There are so many fabrics in the garment industry that don’t need frequent ironing. You can wear them as much as you want.
Polyester: Polyester is a synthetic fiber that is widely used. They are strong and a bit rigid. Because of that, they don’t require regular ironing. If you aren’t satisfied with your clothes, just wash or steam them.
However, never use extremely hot water. You can use either cool or warm water.
Spandex: Spandex is a soft and lightweight fabric. It’s an artificial fiber, just like polyester. This fabric is known for its elasticity and wrinkle-resistance nature. That’s why it is used to make swimsuits, yoga dresses, or undergarments.
Denim: Denim is another comfortable fabric. Because of its convenience, it’s very popular in the fashion industry and among the young generation. In addition, this fabric doesn’t need ironing.
Even you can store them anywhere. You don’t need to keep them in the drawer.
Leather and PVC: Leather clothes are always difficult to process. Ironing may cause serious cause for them.
If you want to save yourself from ironing, use a leather jacket or suit. They are stunningly beautiful and comfortable.
Just like these clothes, you don’t need ironing for the following fabrics-
- Permanent press
18. Use Water Spray Bottle
Hang clothes on a hanger on your balcony. Now, stand 1 to 2 inches away from the clothes and apply water on them using a spray bottle. If the condition is comparatively worse, use a liquid softener.
Wrinkles are going to vanish as soon as garments dry.
19. Use White Vinegar
Are you searching for a practical way to remove wrinkles from clothes? Try white vinegar. Prepare a mixture of white vinegar and water with a ratio of 1:3. Now, pour this solution into a spray bottle and apply it on garments.
Let your fabric dry and see that all wrinkles vanish.
20. Fix Wrinkle With Ice
If your dryer doesn’t come up with the steam setting, don’t buy a new one. It’s expensive, isn’t it?
Open the drawer of your refrigerator and take some ice cubes. Now, toss it into the clothes dryer with your clothes. It will create steam, and the moisture will keep the wrinkles away from the dress.
21. Use Wet Sock in Dryer
If you don’t have ice in your refrigerator, you might not be a big fan of ice cream! Am I right? No problem.
So, how to process your dress without ice? Don’t worry. Just throw wet socks in the dryer. Then, wait for a few minutes to finish the process. It’ll work just as ice does.
22. Hot Baking Tray
For this process, you need a baking tray and a gas cooker.
- First, prepare your ironing board. If you don’t have one, use a sturdy table. Now, lay your dress on it.
- Use an old bed sheet cover to protect the fabric from dust or extreme heat.
- Light the gas cooker and heat the baking tray.
- Press your garment with the hot baking tray.
- If wrinkles don’t vanish, continue the process.
23. Roll Pack Clothes
Roll-pack clothing can save your clothes from wrinkles. This process is helpful if you travel a lot.
If you are in a hurry and need to attend the office timely, it won’t suit you. This process is a little slower.
What To Do If You Hate Ironing?
If you hate ironing, you can follow the instructions below-
- Buy wrinkle-resistant clothes that don’t need frequent ironing. Buy polyester, nylon, or spandex clothes.
- Use a hair straightener to dry clothes quickly, especially collars, seams, hems, or pleats.
- Use laundry bags before washing to prevent possible wrinkles.
- After washing, shake the clothes and use air drying.
- Keep clothes carefully in the closet.
How Do I Dry Clothes So They Don’t Need Ironing?
You can dry clothes by using a hairdryer or clothes dryer. Both of these appliances work great. However, don’t set your dryer at a higher temperature. Some fabrics can’t endure a hot environment. For example, synthetic fiber, and polyester may be damaged in such settings.
For better results, I suggest you use ice cubes or wet socks in a clothes dryer. So, the created steam will keep clothes fresh. However, if you don’t like these methods, simply line-dry them.
By the way, air drying never hurts the properties of a fabric. Moreover, they ensure durability and elasticity overages.
How Can I Speed Up My Ironing?
There are many ways you can make your ironing process faster.
- Keep your iron clean. If you clean iron regularly, steam vents and steam shots may work properly and let you finish ironing quickly.
- Use a steam generator iron to speed up the whole process. However, steam generator irons are somewhat expensive.
- Set the temperature knob according to the fabric type. Fixing the right temperature will make the ironing easy.
- Use a robust ironing board. It helps you polish clothes easily. Never use your table or bed to iron clothes.
- Use a pressing cloth. Try to pick something 100% cotton. Such fabric will cut the ironing time by a great margin. Moreover, your clothes will be safe.
- Damp clothes before ironing. Ironing slightly wet clothes is always easier. In contrast, dry clothes are very difficult to treat.
How Do I Make My Clothes Wrinkle-resistant?
There are many ways to make your clothes wrinkle-resistant. Follow those-
- Iron your clothes properly. Turn your clothes inside out to protect them from being damaged.
- Always wash clothes according to the instructions in the clothes tag. For synthetic fiber, use either cool or warm water. Follow those rules properly.
- Use wrinkle-release spray to keep clothes safe. However, don’t use them too often. This spray contains rubbing alcohol which may hurt the fabric.
- Buy wrinkle-resistant fabrics from the store. Pick polyester, wool, or spandex.
- Store clothes properly in the drawer. Remember, don’t keep polyester with other fabrics.
- Air dry clothes properly. Avoid using a clothes dryer.
Is Steaming Or Ironing Better?
Steaming is always better than ironing. With ironing, you can’t always remove stubborn wrinkles. It may remove some, but not all. In contrast, steaming can take care of tough spots carefully.
For ironing, you need to utilize an ironing board. If your ironing board is folded, you may need to unfold it. Moreover, you need to manage a substantial space.
However, steaming may save you from these types of hassles. You can apply steam to your clothes by hanging them on hangers. In addition, its powerful steam spray performs better on all fabrics.
Always buy fabrics that are comfortable, wrinkle-resistant, and fancy to look. Before washing and drying clothes, check the clothes tag for more information.
So, which method do you use to treat your clothes? Leave it in the comment below.